Fostering Engagement and Improvement in the Asian Seafood Industry
What We Do
ASIC was founded on three key principles that are critical for fostering improvement in fisheries and aquaculture operations in Asia:
- Develop strategies and tools with the direct engagement of the producers via an ISEAL compliant, consensus-based approach to define and incentivize improvement
- Design tools that allow multiple compliance points for engagement with producers at all levels of performance
- Build tools that reflect the realties facing producers while seeking to align production with global sustainability standards where possible
How We Do What We Do
ASIC is creating a platform for Asian seafood industry stakeholders to collaborate on the issues of sustainability and standards improvement. ASIC is developing the framework to translate strategies into meaningful action throughout the industry supply chain that incents producers and buyers on the local, regional and international levels and supports a healthy ocean environment.
- To create an approach for stakeholders to engage on the issues of improvement in the Asian seafood industry that reconciles the realities facing producers with the desires of the marketplace
- To use the ASIC platform to build equitable partnerships with international and regional markets to support improvements
- To build a platform that supports reforms in governance and ultimately leads to investment in the shrimp aquaculture and Asian seafood industry
- To manage and reduce risk of human trafficking with a data driven approach
By engaging stakeholders at all levels of the Asian seafood supply chain to develop goals, standards and protocols, ASIC is advancing sustainability initiatives that support the health of the ocean and future global food security.